Local Authority advisors visited our school in September to conduct a rigorous assessment of the standards of teaching and learning. They observed all classes, spoke to leaders and found the following:
- The Reception environment, both indoors and out has strengthened significantly since the time of the last inspection and high priority is given to promoting early language skills and children’s personal development
- Relationships are strong between children and staff provide good role models and their enthusiasm for learning enriches play and inspires children
- Children use their time purposely, they are enthusiastic learners, keen to talk about and involve others in their play.
- Adult-led activities are well focused and intervention is precisely focused on next steps in learning
- Children are enthusiastic and motivated learners because tasks are well matched to the age and stage of development of pupils. They understand what is expected of them and try hard to do the best they can
- Work is appropriately differentiated and TAs contribute well to learning during independent tasks. Questioning is used well to check for understand and to consolidate learning
- Assessment is used well to inform planning and lessons builds sequentially